View Single Post

Old 10-27-2011, 12:14 PM
Banned

Liked 147 Times in 71 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwever View Post
YES YOU ARE A RESPONSIBLE AND LAW-ABIDING CITIZEN, BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT A GREAT CITIZEN you are, if I detect your weapon on a stop, I just know someone I've pulled over has a weapon, no more at that point, because you didn't tell me.

In the last three days alone, an officer in Sacramento, CA and an officer in Augusta, GA were shot making stops. The guy in Sacramento is critical but expected to survive, the deputy in GA is dead. While violent crimes are down in general, violent crimes and death against officers are on close to a record pace in 2011.

I assure you I'm not baiting for an argument. But if I stop you, (and in my state you don't have to inform me) and you don't tell me in advance you're carrying, then I subsequently notice you are carrying , and if you have ready access to the weapon, officer safety protocol will be followed, and in the end it certainly would have been easier in the first place just to have let me know while presenting your TN carry credentials. I will respect your rights in any and every way I can within the context of my own or other's safety.
So I have the story right. If you stop me and I tell you I have a gun, you'll disarm me and run my gun etc. If I don't tell you and you somehow discover it, which is unlikely, you'll disarm me and run my numbers etc?