View Single Post

Old 10-27-2011, 03:00 PM

Liked 986 Times in 559 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big D View Post
That's NOT remotely close to what dwever said. Period.

And I will add this: On those occasions that I detected a concealed weapon on a person who did not advise me of that aforehand...permitted or not...the subject was not at all happy with what happened next.

Be safe.
This is where I have my questions, I side with a police officer having to protect himself first, by all means, I have the greatest respect for you and our military men and women. Before I saw this thread this morning a friend and I were talking last night about this very subject and what to do should we be stopped for a traffic violation while carrying. He thought he would let it be know immediately, I'm mixed here, I kinda, and I say that reluctantly, feel I should not offer unless asked or I feel there is a chance the officer would accidently realize I was carrying. I agree with dwever, it would be a situation where he would, if I read his not so direct answer, become the aggressor. So my question is, if the officer doesn't ask and I offer up I am carrying legally, what would be your next step? I believe that is what LostLake was getting at. Do I now get treated like a criminal or with respect and as I would expect, some kind caution by the offic er. Do you have me remove my weapon and unload it, do you take it from me and tell me I can pick it up at the office... what's your response. I have heard horror storys so understand where we are coming from, I know the horror storys go both ways, I can respect your response.
thank you