View Single Post

Old 10-27-2011, 03:09 PM

Liked 2,358 Times in 1,117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo38gn View Post
I'm mixed here, I kinda, and I say that reluctantly, feel I should not offer unless asked or I feel there is a chance the officer would accidently realize I was carrying. I agree with dwever, it would be a situation where he would, if I read his not so direct answer, become the aggressor. So my question is, if the officer doesn't ask and I offer up I am carrying legally, what would be your next step? I believe that is what LostLake was getting at. Do I now get treated like a criminal or with respect and as I would expect, some kind caution by the officer. Do you have me remove my weapon and unload it, do you take it from me and tell me I can pick it up at the office... what's your response. I have heard horror storys so understand where we are coming from, I know the horror storys go both ways, I can respect your response.
thank you
EXACTLY Turbo! I wish I could like this post 10 times.

We have seen videos of LEO's being told the citizen is permitted and legal. The LEO then TAKES the gun and says you can pick it up at the station, or you must "put it in the trunk and if I see you stop and load it I'll arrest you. "

These my dear friends are LEO's making their own laws and Joe Citizen gets the short end of the stick. Where does this power trip end?