View Single Post

Old 10-29-2011, 08:38 PM

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

I went shooting at the property of a friend last weekend. I shot both my 327 mag revolvers among other guns.
After shooting 3 cylinders full of 100gr SP Federal through the Taurus, I opened the cylinder and it fell out on the ground. I looked at it and a screw had come out of the side plate.
I called Taurus and they offered to have me ship it to them, but I asked them to just send me a screw and they agreed. They said that if I am unable to fix it that they will still repair it for me. It just needs loctite and a new screw and it will be fine (for a Taurus). Nothing hotter than 85gr low recoil ammo will ever go in that gun again.
The Ruger SP101 operated flawlessly and accurately will various ammo. I had a gunsmith put Wolff springs and polish the trigger and it is much improved from how it was manufactured.
I just found out that Buffalo Bore is making 327 Mag ammo in 100gr HP and 130gr hard cast SWC.
I just ordered 3 boxes of the 130gr. Buffalo Bore says that it will penetrate a bear's skull.
I'm still keeping my eyes open for a Smith without ported barrel at a reasonable price and expect to find one eventually.