View Single Post

Old 11-02-2011, 01:08 PM

Liked 42 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18DAI View Post
The ONLY state that requires an internal lock on handguns, in order to be sold in that state, is Maryland. NO others.

Don't take my word for it, look for yourself. That "many states require it" excuse has been around for years and is still incorrect. Regards 18DAI
Morning, 18DAI, and All,

Unfortunately, California also requires certain locking features by put on many handguns sold in this state. Any such guns have to be on the CA Safe Gun List, or whatever it's called. As I understand it, the only way you could buy a new, non-IL S&W in this state, is to buy it from a LEO that moved here from another state and had brought the gun in legally, then both of you have to do down to do the background check (both pay, of course), then do your ten day wait, then you can legally own and pick up your new non-IL gun. Same with older guns, I believe, but I could be wrong about that. FTF purchases between private individuals are not allowed in this very leftist state. This USED to be a great place to live..... but, I fear it will never get better, and might even get a good deal worse! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc