View Single Post

Old 11-05-2011, 11:18 AM

Liked 2,358 Times in 1,117 Posts

Well all you Rambos that carry 5 rounds and 'reload at home' must only expect perfect shots and less than a couple attackers.

Someone posted that at BEST, highly trained officers will score a hit ratio of 30 +/- percent. Put your self in a grocery store where the bad guys come in, maybe two of them, on the run from the law, looking for hostages. They grab a girl and shoot 3 others, no witnesses. You run for your life and they shoot at you, you return fire running, at distance, at two guys. You use four of your five rounds and haven't hit a thing. You still have two bad guys coming at you.

Watch any self defense shooting caught on video surveillance and count how many shots are missed, and how many shots it takes to incapacitate the BG, and if there are multiple BG's it's worse. Fact is, under stress, running for your life, you are not going to be hitting tin cans at 75 yards, and that one shot stop probably isn't going to happen either.

Hey, each to his own. There's a reason cops carry spare mags. I have a beautiful revolver sitting in the safe, and that's where it will stay while I carry my semi-auto.