View Single Post

Old 11-06-2011, 07:51 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,872 Times in 2,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKC View Post
Well, maybe I'm ignorant (I've encountered more than a few people and a mother-in-law in my life that seem to agree) but I don't see what that matters for the average civilian. I am not SWAT trained, nor was I ever a SEAL or Ranger, or anything like that...my firing experience has been at the range or out in the country, plinking at cans, etc. So, if I am in the situation you describe above, I am certain to be scared. If there is shooting, I will almost certainly be shooting to slide lock (or if I have a revolver, until it goes "click" instead of "bang") without counting my shots. Once the slide locks back, I hope my impulse is to drop the magazine, insert a new one, sling shot the slide, and keep firing. If I am carrying a revolver, and if I have either a speed loader, or speed strips, I'd have to open the cylinder, dump the fired rounds, and then reload the cylinder. (This is why I favor a pistol for carry over a revolver...a pistol reloads faster and easier for the average person.)

I just don't see how a magazine disconnect makes a difference...I can see it if you want to fire a pistol without a magazine in it, but I don't see me firing one and reloading it simultaneously.
I agree. I was being sarcastic to the other poster who posted that very same situation as his reason to carry a hi cap semi auto with extra reloads. The avergae Joe Civilian is not gonna get into an extended gunfight, unless he works in a high crime area and deals with cash, like a convenience store clerk. if i worked in a 7-11 in a ghetto, I wouldn't pack a revolver, either. Then again, I wouldn't risk my life for 7 bucks an hour, either.