View Single Post

Old 11-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Liked 48,768 Times in 9,262 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticSire View Post
If I may...

As one who has spent many hours in different USOs traveling from place to place courtesy of Uncle Sam, I cannot say enough good things about the USO. Do you want to know what the USO needs more than almost anything? Volunteers. Every stateside USO is staffed by volunteers, people who give up a few hours out of their busy lives to be there for service men and women when they are traveling through airports on their way to and from. Don't get me wrong, money and donations of goods are great, and well apreciated, but if there is not a volunteer available to open the USO, the donations will sit on a shelf in a locked storage room. Spend an hour or three, take the family and make a day of it, and volunteer to help out at a USO during the holidays. The gratitude you will receive from our Nation's Finest will make it a holiday season you will never forget.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob R View Post
If I am off work this Christmas, I will do what I do every time I am off. I will drive to the local AFB and get 1 or 2 airmen and bring them to my home for food, football and if they need it a phone to call home.

Every military base will normally pair you with as many servicen and women as you want for the holidays. If you live close I would recommend it, it gives you a great feeling to have those young men and women in your house for the day, and they truly relish the experience.

bob
GOOD on both of you!