View Single Post

Old 11-08-2011, 07:47 AM

Liked 1,921 Times in 1,043 Posts

I guess I could have explained my thought a little better. If you look at the data in the Lee book, use the cavity in the Auto Disk they say to use, you will always find that the volume of the cavity throws a rather light load in the data they print. Yes, they get their data from everyone else, but they add their dipper/Auto Disk data to it since that is where many dipper/Auto Disk users go for their data. It hasn’t been my experience that there are many custom made dipper users out there. You find the occasional person that has taken a 9mm and either trimmed the case or filled it with epoxy to get the load they want with their pet powder but that’s pretty rare. So when I say they publish light loads, I meant with the Auto Disk and dippers.

And I just don’t care for the idea of a “minimum OAL” but it must work. I may be a bit too OCD for that one.

I never mean to sound argumentative, I’m just trying to share my point of view or perspective. I do appreciate being corrected when I am flat out wrong.

Oh, and I cast Lee's TL356-124 and it feeds and shoots in my BHP just fine. It's a truncated cone bullet and I have yet to see one deform as it feeds into the chamber. PM your address and the next time I cast some I can mail you a few to try out. They are tumble lube though. Their other TC version is the standard lube groove mold and is a bit lighter and shorter and may be even better.