View Single Post

Old 11-08-2011, 12:29 PM
US Veteran

Liked 90 Times in 49 Posts

I try to use a current manual by the manufacturer of the bullet I am loading. When possible I back that up with info by the powder manufacturer.

I do not use data posted by individuals on the net. They do not have proper pressure testing equipment and most of the time they don't have anymore experience than I do.

I find the reloading articles in Reloader magazine and Rifle usefull and I keep all issues of both for reference material. I have Pet Loads, but because it is dated I only use the starting load data.

I have seen some pretty serious injurys due to reloading mistakes in my 40 years of reloading. I have also seen a good many wrecked firearms where there were no injuries. All this has me convinced that there is a reloading angel that watches over us as a group. I am much more fussy about the data I use these days and if I find myself wanting more performance from a gun than the manuals show, then I buy or trade for another gun that will give that performance to me, without the risk. My eyes, fingers, hands etc...are just too darn valuable to risk them like I did back when.

Choose your reloading data sources carefully.