View Single Post

Old 11-08-2011, 09:17 PM

Liked 364 Times in 184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedWash View Post
I'm interested but would like to see a short video on how to install.
Brett248Vista is right on how to do this with your regular safety selector and the ambi safety selector I have made.

Just in case anyone is not familiar with how to swap their safety selector around here is a quick how to.

I only have a cell phone and trying to do a video would be frustrating, so here is a quick run down with pics.

Step 1
Rotate the safety selector where it is between safe and fire.

Step 2
Use a punch or something similar with a flat bottom, such as a hex key, to push the safety selector out.

Step 3
You will insert the factory safety selector with the lever to the desired side of the receiver as it will have a groove for the detent to ride in on both sides of the selector.

My safety selector detent groove is located only on one side and must be installed with the detent groove on the right side of the receiver to match up with the detent. Install the lever on the right side before inserting the selector.

Now it may be tough to push the safety selector in past the detent, you can either use a small flat screw driver to push it down or loosen the handle via the screw in the bottom of the grip.

Step 4
Install the lever on the left side of the selector and you're good to go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Install.jpg (111.8 KB, 171 views)
File Type: jpg Install (1).jpg (120.2 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg Install (2).jpg (111.7 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg Install (3).jpg (122.5 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg Install (4).jpg (117.4 KB, 165 views)

Last edited by SimpleWeaponSolutions; 11-08-2011 at 09:19 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: