View Single Post

Old 11-10-2011, 08:57 PM

Liked 15,506 Times in 6,794 Posts

Show me the DATA.

Lets take lead SWC bullets with a cannelure. There are lots and lots of them out there. All kinds of different molds and different folks making them.

Now unless it is some odd ball, how many re-loaders actually measure the OAL or seating depth of those Boolits??

Or, do they just seat them to the cannelure, crimp and if they fit the cylinder all is well?? Now are all those in what ever caliber the exact length boolit?? No they aren't.

In the Berrys, Rainer example, IMHO the slight difference in total bullet length would not make a dangerous difference, even up to a max listed load for lead or 1/2 the fmj depending on what you believe. I have shot thousands of Berrys at FNJ loads and had no problems. I do not have either so can not measure the few mil variance

No, I do believe that is why so many think that the load manuals and powder companies have anemic load data.

I believe in their wisdom they have developed the loads and used certain OAL (like 1.200) for all 230 gr 45 ACP so their fine customers do not blow themselves up.