View Single Post

Old 11-12-2011, 07:21 PM

Liked 347 Times in 119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrduke2010 View Post
I have rephrased the parameters of this question. We are talk a beginner. A person that has never worked with guns or had a gun before. My preference is the revolver because you don't have to worry about jamming as much, a round being in the chamber, and/or the safety being on. It is a point and shoot set setup where the ease of use in an emergency situation will benefit the potential victim.

in my humble opinion, beginning shooters or those who do not understand guns well in how to take them apart and clean them and how to clear jams, failures to eject and or feed need to keep it simple and there is not much more simple than pull the trigger and as the cylinder rotates the gun goes bang 99.9% of the time.. Misfires in revolvers (quality ones) are rare and when they do happen it's usually with bad ammo. A 2" .38 is a great defensive gun....as you gain confidence in shooting you can move up to a .357......but a revolver is my number one choice for beginners.....its my number one choice to carry for me and Im not a beginner....I just love revolvers and how they shoot and the simplicity of them.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: