View Single Post

Old 11-14-2011, 09:42 PM

Liked 82 Times in 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpsix View Post
To update. The shooter removed the sideplate, disengaged the cylinder stop with a business card, pulled the hand back out of the frame, opened the cylinder enough to clear the ejector rod away from the locking bolt and gave the cylinder a knock with the heel of the hand. The cylinder opened. The problem was caused by a split case that knotted the works together. Live and learn.
It sounds like the split case was the straw that broke the camel's back; there is likely one or more of the other issues mentioned involved and the case let a little debris get under the extractor star to finish it up.

I have had a lot of cases split on me over the years and I usually was unaware of it until I had already tumbled them and discovered them during inspection. Never had one give the slightest problem as far as causing a malfunction such as you described.

Your bud's gun may very well need nothing but a detail cleaning. I love the wheelguns, but they have a number of places where crud accumulates and will eventually degrade performance to some degree. A little here and a little there adds up.
The Following User Likes This Post: