View Single Post

Old 11-16-2011, 02:09 PM
Banned

Liked 109 Times in 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattkcc View Post
Well 25 years of carrying both here's my advise. If the bad guy is unarmed, not to big and by himself, I'll chose the revolver. Otherwise I want my Glock, now I don't mind a revolver for back-up.

It's like saying you would you choose a P47 over a F15 for a dogfight, you may feel nostalgic for the old warbird but sooner or later you got to upgrade if you want to stay alive. If the revolver was so great why did we depend so heavily on the shotgun when the S#%# hit the fan. The only reason you were in a shootout with a revolver was because you couldn't get to your shotgun. After we got Glocks the shotguns stayed in the squad cars.

I wouldn't depend on a revolver for home defense these days. In my area the big thing is home invasion, anywhere from 3-5 guys heavily armed with pistols and AK's and you want to defend your family with a 5 or 6 shot revolver. Surrender isn't really an option they are there more for the rape and murder then money.

Don't get me wrong I love revolvers but I love my life more. Trust me before we went to autos you felt naked, the bad guys aren't stupid they arm themselves to win and they don't carry revolvers unless that's all they have available.

Now that we got this one wrapped up lets get a real topic like "is 223 enough for deer" or the greatest all time topic " which is better the 308 or 30-06".

Translation: Those darn wheel guns are WAY too hard to learn to shoot well.