View Single Post

Old 11-20-2011, 11:21 AM

Liked 15 Times in 7 Posts
Default thanks for the great info!

Fastbolt,

WOW! Now that's what I call a post and a half!

I take it I did all right then as far as she looks and price?

I really like the way the weapon fits my hand. The grips are a non-issue with me. I have a Ruger P90 with simillar grips and I like them very well.

I appreciate the time taken to impart all of the info you have shared with me about this fine weapon. It seriously looks like it had less than 20 rounds fired thru it. There is no discernable barrel wear.

I will take your advice to heart about my grip with this lil' beasty. I have seen in other posts that it is mild in recoil considering it's small size, I guess attributed to the metal frame and slide weight.
Thanks also for the info about possible manufacture date, later production...when was this model discontinued/stopped production? I am trying to figure out just how old the weapon is and how old springs are. I will do a comparison with the new and old springs when I get the and the gun home, and see if there has been some compacting of the spring length.

What knowledge would you have of the extractor life on these ?
I have read how the extractor is a factory installed part because of the necessary fitting of it. I ask because I wonder if I should just use brass ammo, if the cheaper ammo with steel casings will prematurely wear the extractor out or cause damage. Thoughts on this ammo issue? I'm sure I will be using a lot of winchester white box until I become comfortable and proficient shooting her.

The examples in your pics of expanding vs. FMJ? really drive home the point of why use it when the regular ammo expands almost the same?

Last edited by Kahului46; 11-20-2011 at 11:23 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: