View Single Post

Old 11-20-2011, 02:56 PM

Liked 3,702 Times in 1,242 Posts

Well, I got some range time in with the Colt OP .22 on Friday.
The good news is the timing, lock up and mechanicals are 100% perfect SA and DA. plus the gun is very accurate with good quality ammo.

The bad news- it prints 6 to 7 inches to the left at 25 yards. Would be no big deal if it had adjustable sights. To hit the bullseye, I put the front sight to the right side of the bull with the full width of the sight as 'daylight' between the left rear sight notch and the front sight. With concentration, I could get decent 10 ring hits and smack around my 2.5 inch swinging disk targets.

Any good ideas on regulating this to shoot closer to POA?

I have the same issue with my S&W 3 inch M65 Lady Smith ( 6 inches left, 4 inches low!) and they are the only two fixed sight guns I own that do not shoot POA for me.

On another Colt subject. I looked a two late 1960's Official Police .38 Spls. yesterday. Both were very clean and inexpensive. $279 each. Why were they inexpensive? Neither revolver was in time. One totally skipped a cylinder and the other was very stiff locking on three and super loose on the other three. The store can't find a gunsmith who will touch them