View Single Post

Old 11-20-2011, 10:19 PM

Liked 42 Times in 19 Posts

Evening, Coach22,

I did check that link, but wasn't sure about whether they were actually UM's, of just S&W's version, without the logo. IF they are the real deal, and Uncle Mike's made, then, at least for me, they are the best for J-frames.

I have a pair of the Bantam grips from Hogue on my M60, which is right here with me, and Uncle Mike's on my M642, in my pocket, in a Mika's pocket holster. They both work with HKS speedloaders, which is why I use them. Between the two grips, it's hard to make a choice, as I like them both. If I "had" to choose, I'd probably use just the Uncle Mike's, as I've had them on my guns for a very long time, beginning with my M60.

But, for the new Uncle Mike's copies with which both of my M642s came, I cannot use them as they do NOT work with HKS speedloaders, without lots of binding problems. I've tried them on all of my J-frame guns, and at least for me, they just don't work with HKS. Others might have varying mileage, but I will not use the S&Ws, as they came on my 642s. Hope that helps some. Try both the Bantams and the Uncle Mike's, and see which one you like best. Good luck in your decision, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc