View Single Post

Old 11-21-2011, 10:49 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 10,979 Times in 3,958 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMBLAZER View Post
... However I'd like to have a gun that I can pretty well be certain ... that no matter what hot Buffalo Bore load, Elmer Keith style load, or whatever handload my buddy and I cook up the gun will go BANG and ask for more. Likewise whatever plus P "Self Defense" or Hunting load I pickup at a store be it a 110 grain screamer or a 170 grain thumper the gun will handle it just fine.

Hence why I was originally considering a Ruger or one of the newer S&W's known for their durability. That's their current claim to fame.

In reality it'll spend most of its time shooting .38, .38 plus P, and regular .357 loads. I just like to have beef and the security of knowing it's got the strength and durability to handle the bigger/hotter stuff.
I'm not sure what the difference is between loads you "cook up" and "regular .357 loads".

I trust you are an intelligent person and know enough to never exceed the maximum loads published by a recognized, reputable, reliable source. Naturally, "some guy on the internet" does not meet these qualifications.

The M28 will handle any load that does not exceed SAAMI specs.

Last edited by Jack Flash; 11-21-2011 at 10:52 AM.