View Single Post

Old 11-23-2011, 11:47 AM

Liked 1,921 Times in 1,043 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBill View Post
I lube all my guns with moly on the trigger sears too. It can lessen the trigger pull by up to 50% and even more as it works into the small pores of the metal.

50% means if you pull back the hammer to ock it then pull the trigger to fire it. It also will smooth out the double action too.

I lube the recoil springs and spring guides, the cylinder stud on revolvers, the lever that turns the cylinder and the star on the cylinder where the lever engages to turn it. I also lube with moly all the trigger and moving parts inside the revolver too.

On auto pistols, auto rifles, bolt rifles, shotguns, i lube them all with moly too.

My guns never leave home without moly in them.

Company Profile - T.S Moly I use the anti-seeze or the moly paste either one will do. When first applied the gun will feel tight. I then cycle it by hand 50 to 100 times and it should free up. If it doesn't you have too much moly in it. Its a learning process on how much moly to use too.
I guess I should second this as I also use some moly grease on the friction areas in a couple of my revolvers. I don't put it everywhere though, but it does smooth out the trigger pull. I stopped though when I started hearing about how moly based lubes will attract mousture. I haven't had a problem crop up, but I wanted to wait and see.