View Single Post

Old 11-24-2011, 04:33 AM

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts

I read somewhere, not sure where, that if you run a dry copper brush through the bore to roughen up the lead after shooting and then let it sit for a day or two, it helps the lead to oxidize. Then clean the bore with a lead removing solvent, as the oxidized lead is much easier to remove.

I reload and shoot jacketed bullets, but I am starting to reload lead for reduced loads for my daughter. I haven't tried this yet but am interested if anyone else has.

I haven't reloaded lead for a long time as my first attempts produced bad accuracy. I was shooting 158gr and 130gr LFP bullets out of a 586 and a 686. My daughter said she wanted a revolver(that would fit her hands) so I got her a model 10-5.

The old lead reloads I still had and some new ones that I just loaded with a different type bullet(158gr LSWHP) shoot fantastic through the Model 10-5. I had thought that I had ****** bullets, or that reloading lead required some type of special voodoo. Now I am happy that I kept those bullets and am looking for a older 38 of my very own.