Thread: 8 shot revolver
View Single Post

Old 11-24-2011, 07:30 PM

Liked 1,003 Times in 349 Posts
Default You'll love it

Okay, I wrote what was below, then realized you asked about a 327 not a 627. Anyway, if you have an interest in an 8 shot 627 I'll go ahead and post.

Pics at http://www.pbase.com/dwever/misc
I bought my first 627 from the performance center with a five inch barrel a few years back. Loved it, but drifted back to a 1911 for carry . . . until. Until I came across essentially the same weapon in a 2.625" barrel (2 and 5/8"), called a UDR (ultimate defensive revolver) by S&W when released around 1998 I understand. I agree. Great balance, accuracy, and action.

I also like the heavy 37.6oz. N frame, manages .357 loads very well and just feels exactly right for me (I'm 6'1"; 210lbs.). I went through 800 rounds of .38 Winchester (400 were paid training) white box and 250 or so rounds of .357 PNC before I was completely happy with rapid follow-up accuracy at ten yards as well as slowed down double action at 25 yards. If you buy the match grade moon clips and take the time to learn a fast re-load technique these are very fast.

The two times I have used this weapon in competition I have been happy in the production division USPSA, and I am buying a second one when I sell my Model 60 and will get an action job for competition. You can hurt some feelings among the semi-auto guys with this weapon.

Using a Galco Combat Master holster for carry; the DeSantis I bought is not nearly as comfortable or well made in my opinion, and I only use it when I want the thumb break.

Best wishes.

Last edited by dwever; 11-24-2011 at 07:33 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: