View Single Post

Old 11-25-2011, 08:56 AM

Liked 58,845 Times in 9,661 Posts

I own both, a 63 (old style) and an SP101. Just sent the SP101 back to the factory-horrid trigger with some bumps and tics on both single action ans double action let off. Like I told the Ruger people, I dry fired that gun untill I was blue in the face to try to smooth out the bearing surfaces and it didn't work and for what I paid for it, I sure as heck ain't gonna spend another 60 for a gunsmith to stone the bearing surfaces. They sent me a shipping label.
I hate to say this because
1) I was really excited about this little revolver, and
2) It means that I was Wron......

But in all candor even with a good Ruger trigger this gun absolutely does not replace the kit gun and for those who want a heavier and chunkier large capacity revolver, the 617 is a much better choice as it is not that much larger than the SP and has a much nicer trigger than the Ruger could ever aspire to ( I also own a 617-4 ). To me it is neither fish nor fowl and that is truly sad, because I really wanted to like this little revolver.

I'm gonna hang on to mine for the simple reason that I don't think I can come close to getting back the $550 I spent for it.
But if someone in Louisiana wants to pay me $550-I'll eat the shipping ( ie meet you half way)

Last edited by CAJUNLAWYER; 11-25-2011 at 09:23 AM.