View Single Post

Old 11-25-2011, 04:08 PM

Liked 35 Times in 14 Posts

You know I thought it was valuable information but the consensus appears that if you have gun you are well protected which is false. If you are jumped and mugged you probably won't have the time to get to your gun before you are unconscious. I see the wisdom by some, but not everyone, as if I carry a gun I am invincible which I don't believe and there isn't any scenario I can't defeat which I also don't believe. I haven't even discussed the possibility that the wounded attacker isn't stopped by the gunshot wound or you are mugged by unseen attackers. I guess I waste my time with this. It is easy to shoot at a silhouette target because it isn't charging you with a knife in hand or firing back but to shoot a real person is quite different. An attacker isn't going to sit still while you are firing at him or pulling out a gun and if he or she is crazy enough will just charge you. Some of our best teachers are the experiences of others that has happened in the past. I didn't mention that the women in the car that was pregnant was stabbed repeatedly and arrived at the hospital DOA. Cooperating, giving up your money, and/or fleeing may be your best defense even though you are armed. Situations can go differently but if the odds are against you when trying to pull a weapon and your best defense may not include pulling a weapon at that time. Maybe a little later. What some people forget is your objective in self defense is to survive and not just being able to pull your weapon and shoot the bad guy. Of course if the time and opportunity are right you can shoot an assailant to defend yourself.