View Single Post

Old 11-26-2011, 12:21 AM
US Veteran

Liked 6,195 Times in 2,575 Posts
Default moral responsibility...

When I possess knowledge in a certain area, it is morally incumbent upon me to respond to that knowledge in the appropriate manner, given the situation in question. As far as our society, and the world in general, when it comes to the possibility of violent acts, I know that the only proper moral response for me is to be armed, preferably with a firearm. I stepped up to this weighty responsibility because my life experiences made it undeniably clear that these things were likely to happen anywhere, and at any time. So in response, I could not carry a police officer or other law enforcement official around with me, nor was it fair to expect one of them, or some other citizen, to “take responsibility” for the acts of violence that I may encounter as I went about my lawful business. The truth that I came to fully accept is that this is a fallen world that includes individuals that, for what ever reason, will perpetrate violent acts on otherwise innocent individuals, whoever they may be. I know that this is the truth, so it is my responsibility to act in accordance with that knowledge that I have accepted as fact.

Sirduke-your many questions, posed as scenarios, demonstrate to me that you have not come to the place in your life where you have embraced this truth that I have accepted as reality. As such, you seem tentative as to your own reactions in these many scenarios. I got this impression from your last post, where you came out from behind your “chalk board” so to speak. You had to have noticed that some of those that responded to your latest questions have extensive experience in areas that would qualify them as authorities, if not experts, in the situations you suggest. One of the nice things about a forum like this is that you can remain as anonymous as you like. So, why not just put your questions, doubts, and/or fears out there. I believe you will gain some real insight into the subject at hand, but more importantly, you could gain some real insight as to where you are in all of this. And that is the most important question you could get an answer to, in my view.

When my wife and I made the decision to go armed, we prayed, and we told the Lord that it was our desire to never have to use our guns against another human being, but that, if we had to, that He would power us to use them effectively. Flapjack.