View Single Post

Old 11-29-2011, 12:05 AM

Liked 950 Times in 427 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximumbob54 View Post
If the 66's (and 19's) didn't have that danged flat milled into the bottom of the barrels then I would say they are near perfect. Then they "fixed" that problem with the L frame. (I don't feel like that is the right word, but don't know a better one) Then they made the 686 Mountain Gun and they dropped it. And they long since dropped the 586's with the exception of the one Performance Center model made in very limited numbers. Then they did the (bleep). Now they are making them in EDM barrels that don't like lead bullets. I can't help but feel left behind a little. That is why I struggle to desire a new S&W while I will buy a new Ruger no problem. And I don't mean to second shelf Ruger either. I love the beast and would love for them to bring back the half lug models or even better yet the Security Six series. But just as much, I would love for S&W to bring back the 586's, 581's, Mountain guns, and Combat Magnums. And leave out the (bleep) and make nice sharp cut rifling like they are supposed to have. If they had to cost more then I would pay it. And then again, pigs may fly...
Which raises a question I have....Why the heck DID they discontinue the 586's, 29 Classic and other such models???? Not everybody likes stainless....