View Single Post

Old 11-30-2011, 02:24 PM

Liked 1,921 Times in 1,043 Posts

I care less about the MIM situation than I do the use of the new rifling and the ILS. MIM may be ugly but it works. It would have been nice if the move to MIM had lowered cost across the board, but I bet the "Life Time Service Policy" eats that cost offset right off the bottom line. I would still much rather see a one to three year defect coverage type policy in effect. If EDM can't make sharp cut rifling then I feel it needs to become a model specific option, not the new stadard. I hate that my my 637 leads with the same ammo that my 36 gobbles up. And I'm doing my best to avoid the ILS dead horse beating, but I will say that the added bulk from the internal firing pin frame mod on the K frame was bad enough. The now added bulk to the bulk to make way for the ILS's inner workings makes the K frames look strange when set side by side with the originals. And if they don't want to make any more K frame magnums because they don't want to replace the flat spot milled barrels then why don't they at least offer the two part barrels in the 66's??? I just think they feed us whatever hoopla talk they want and sell what they can make the cheapest that still works "good enough" to keep their bottom line padded enough for their financial desires. Sorry, rant over.

Oh and: "Raw MIM stainless steel inject able material costs $10.00/Lb" but I bet that still costs a lot less in the fitting department and thus: "revolvers that used MIM hammers and triggers required almost no fitter intervention in those areas during final assembly and final inspection and trigger-pull monitor rejection rates dropped markedly on finished guns" so sure they pay more up front for material but they fired all the gunsmiths... Now you get a puzzle piece kit gun that requires no smith to put together which brings up the various threads on why is the milling getting so spotty and the fit getting ill, barrels getting set to tight in frames and not being on straight... Guess I needed another ounce of rant, again... Sorry.

Last edited by Maximumbob54; 11-30-2011 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Sorry...
The Following 6 Users Like Post: