View Single Post

Old 11-30-2011, 09:31 PM

Liked 993 Times in 378 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slabside2 View Post
As soon as S+W finds even a cheaper way to make parts and they will we all will look back and wish they still used MIM parts. It's sad. You just can't beat the older guns. But that's just me. I do own a 642-2 nice gun I like it. But when I put it next to my 29-2 my god what difference. From fit and finish to the grips.
S&W doesn't exist in a vacuum. They can't just do things nilly willy without regard to market conditions. Making the profit is the easy part. It's the mitigating damage that's the hard part. S&W has competition from all sides. For instance, they just can't make a decison to stop rifling barrels. Who'd want to buy their guns with the competition still making rifled barrels. S&W doesn't have the warranty they have just out of the kindness of their heart. They do it because of the competition. Heck, Ruger doesn't even have a written warranty. They just make some claim to take care of their customers. It's apparent S&W's philosophy is not to compete with their past, it's to compete with what other gun manufacturers are making today.