Thread: model 651
View Single Post

Old 12-03-2011, 08:58 AM

Liked 656 Times in 307 Posts

I got this one, a late 1997 ANIB, at a lgs for $579 otd a month or so back. It really looked new, too!

It'll likely never be that clean gain. I've shot it several times - cleaned it, of course, too - and no spring changes planned - it's DA trigger is as good as my year old 3" 63 already. Fun to shoot - hardly a bump, but boy what a flash and crack! It came sighted on the money 12-15yd with CCI Maxi-Mag 40gr jhp. I found some HKS #51-J speedloaders for it - and Hornady 45 gr FTX 'Critical Defense' .22 WMR ammo - so it, too, like everything else that I have that goes bang, could have a defensive role.

Like my 3" & 5" 63's, it now sports '60 Pro' grips, too. Great hand fit - and they look better than the Goodyears it came with. I lucked into this one - very fortunate find. I love my x8 63's - great plinkers - but this is a real find. Your $895 is a bit dear - maybe $600-$700 range. Mine was a deal! Great revolver... still cannot believe I finally found one!

Stainz

PS Remember the old saying about the purchase price of a really good firearm - the price paid is quickly forgotten. The corollary, you'll always recall the price paid for a poor example, is also true.