Thread: 38 Light Loads?
View Single Post

Old 12-06-2011, 09:30 AM

Liked 25,704 Times in 8,685 Posts

Buffalo Bore 158 grain standard pressure (NON +P) LHPSWC.

Does an honest 860 fps out of a 2" barrel, no big recoil, standard pressure, more velocity and muzzle energy than the Rem. Win. & Fed. +P offerings. GREAT STUFF and she should be able to handle it quite well.

If that is still too much for her, than I would step down to Speer Gold Dot 135 grain +P short barrel load (+P, but a lighter bullet may be easier for her), and lastly if she still has a problem, 158 grain NON +P Standard Velocity LSWC from any of the Big Three Co's. The last one is quite mild, will only give her in the mid 700's out of a 2" tube, but at least it has the weight going for it. It was a basic Police load for many years, and while it's not exactly the best, I suppose a few well placed hits with those are better than a few misses with more violent rounds.

As someone else had mentioned, (while I do not personally like them), many people do like the rubber grips such as Pachmeyer's, Uncle Mikes, etc. They do help absorb lots of recoil. I personally don't care for them because they are a bit bulkier and too "sticky" for pocket carry. I use a Tyler T with the standard Walnut Magnagrips.

I do agree with your thoughts on switching to the Revolver. Carry one myself.......

Regards,
Chief38

Last edited by chief38; 12-06-2011 at 09:39 AM.