View Single Post

Old 12-07-2011, 09:46 AM

Liked 23 Times in 13 Posts

Update: S&W customer support tells me they've never seen this problem before ever. And no known issue here. And that I should not listen to web forum users that find a problem once and repeatedly exaggerate it. I think if this is an issue it's either not even on their radar, they are not recording all the cases or communicating that within S&W or playing public relations tactics. I have no clue but this happened on two Bodyguards and I did nothing wrong to cause it. So I'm going to install the new pin when comes in and then watch the gun closely and not dry fire. He again said there is no official problem dry firing but I think it actually brings this issue out faster than live fire but I'm already having people email or contact me that have broken a FP even with live fire on new BGs. So even if this issue is isolated, it still appears to be a valid issue to me. We'll see if they suddenly have some design change appear in future models. If I have more news to add I'll update again.

If you have issues like this make sure you are contacting S&W customer support so they are getting the information directly.

The new BG EAVxxxx that broke the FP was lost in UPS from the dealer to S&W so I'm getting another new one. And I'll fix the one I carry EATxxxx.

Last edited by GeorgiaShooter; 12-07-2011 at 09:49 AM.