View Single Post

Old 12-07-2011, 04:20 PM

Liked 23 Times in 13 Posts

Okay these last two posts nailed it. Dragon I think you are spot on with these comments and after a number of issues with the BG this seems to be the norm, and they also refrain from answering lots of other liable questions about supported ammo and so on. I'm cool with this now. Just very happy they have the level of CS they do. It's in my opinion what sets them apart. Since there are many great brands out there this is one reason to choose S&W.

Physboy,

You really nailed it. I was looking at the wrong place but now I see precisely which part on the same pin that holds the hammer that rotates and lifts this cam causing the FP safety to rise and allow the hammer to force the firing pin fully forward as far as allowed to travel by the other side pin coming in under the ejector spring. I can see by the wear on the broken firing pin and the bottom of the safety bar this is the cause. Since this also happened on another brand new BG I'm pretty sure it's just general quality control and tolerances.

When I get this new firing pin I'll go through these procedures and make sure it clears and if I can't correct or make it work perfectly I'll just send it in or get another firing pin safety part on order. After looking at all the parts closely with calipers and magnifier, I believe I can make it work perfectly with some TLC.

I really appreciate your help. I do love the little BUG.