View Single Post

Old 12-07-2011, 08:14 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,368 Times in 1,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18DAI View Post
Naby if you can afford to purchase enough 357 ammunition to wear out a K-frame magnum, you can easily afford to buy two more to replace it with.

The K-frame magnums were made side by side with the L-frames for over twenty years. Kind of a long production run for a flawed design, don't you think?

S&W doesn't currently produce a revolver as nice as a K-frame magnum. Buy one, shoot it, love it. Get a nice 13, 19 or pre lock 66. Shoot only 158 grain grain 357's and your grandchildren will enjoy that fine revolver.

In forty three years of shooting K-frame magnums I've yet to wear one out or break one in any fashion. Regards 18DAI
This is the best and only response anyone needs to the K frame question. The K frame .357 was made for DECADES and is still highly regarded in it's retirement. I wouldn't be without at least a fistful of K's! The description of what you are looking for is what the K frame is all about. Best carry .357 IMO.

Here's a couple to wet your whistle. Many members here can show you much more than I (Allen-Frame comes to mind) and perhaps if they see this thread they will introduce you to the wonderful world of K frames!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (52.8 KB, 828 views)