View Single Post

Old 12-07-2011, 10:47 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default .38 S&W Special CTG Serial Number Question Please

Hello,
I am new to the forum and have limited knowledge of a weapon I own that was passed down to me. It is a Stainless Steel .38 S&W Special CTG 4" Barrel, Made in U.S.A., Marcas Registradas, Smith & Wesson, Springfield, MASS and the Serial Number on the bottom butt is 3K60260. Also listed on part of the bullet cylinder is 75799 With An "S" turned sideways and "38" stamped in the same location. Also on the frame (hidden until you open the cylinder) is the serial number again 3K60260 and Mod. 67. The weapon is used and needs cleaning, The grips are wood and appear to be Walnut. The sights seen to be special because the rear one looks to be adjustable with a screw in the left end as well as the right end. The screw on the right end is larger than the screw on the left end side. There is also a large screw on the top and in front of the sight mentioned. The front sight seems to be permanently fixed and not adjustable. Anyone who might be able to tell me about this pistol and any history of its production and maybe guess at its value would be greatly appreciated.