View Single Post

Old 12-09-2011, 03:26 PM
US Veteran

Liked 50,514 Times in 6,022 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
I have a black and a brown one. My problem is I have a scope I can put one of them but cannot seem to find the correct set of scope mounts for the gun.

They are fun to shoot, did not cost much money, cheap to shoot and are fairly accurate.

They are also not worth much on a resale and little interest in the market for buyers.
Any tip-off mounts that will fit grooved .22s will work on the Nylon 66 and its cousins.

Actually, according to most reports, the Nylon series of .22s are increasing in value faster than any other Remington category. I've seen run-of-the-mill average condition Mohawk Brown Nylon 66s (the most common variety) going for $250-$300 at gun shows in the Phoenix area recently. Check my charts in the original post to see what that will call for on the rarer Nylon guns. Several of the guns in my Nylon collection are now worth multiple thousands each - I'm glad I began collecting them when they were more plentiful; the supply has dried up and the demand is still incredible. There's a nostalgia thing going to fuel the demand - a lot of "seasoned citizens" remember them from their younger years and are actively seeking them out.

John