View Single Post

Old 12-11-2011, 10:35 PM

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Default Mdl 27-2 vs. Mdl 60-7 Fair Trade?

I hope this is posted in the correct area.

This involves a proposed trade between a Model 27-2 with a four inch barrel and a Model 60-4 Lady Smith.

The Model 27-2 is about 75-85 % blue remaining, Pachmayr grips, target hammer and trigger, good and tight, no box or docs.

The Lady Smith is near new, probably has original wood grips with S&W inserts, fired very little. I don't know if it has the box and docs or not. How would that affect the trade?

The offer is a straight trade. I have not seen the gun so, obviously, I would verify the preceding before trading.

He wants something bigger since he has difficulty with the little Lady Smith. He handled the Model 27 and liked the feel. He offered a straight trade. Normally a Model 27-2 4-inch would go for a lot more money, I think. However, considering the difference in condition would this make them about equal in a trade?

So far communication has been by phone. Before we meet, which will involve driving out of town, I would appreciate your thoughts.

What do you pros think?

Thanks,

Bill

PS Would the Model 60-4 have the 1 7/8 inch barrel or the longer 2 1/2 Inch barrel?