View Single Post

Old 12-12-2011, 01:56 AM

Liked 52 Times in 29 Posts

Holy smokes! Best thread ever!!! I just read all 22 pages and I think I cracked a rib laughing at least 5 times. Boy guys sure are testy about this one. Personally I own and carry both. Truthfully I prefer a wheel gun, but that's just me. I think they are both great choices, I just feel all around more at ease with the double action revolver for self defense purposes. I was at the range today, and saw prolly a half dozen guys there that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn door. The guy next to me had dreadlocks, a glock and a 33 round stick fully loaded. I watched him empty it multiple times. He hit all over the place, and at 21 feet whomever would have been on the receiving end wouldn't have needed so much as a band aid! Its times like that when I truly feel comfortable in my choice of weapons. He and his party remarked at the effectiveness of my antiquated wheel gun. He said he thought those were for old dudes. I shook my head and said watch this. When I had my fill of the revolver I got out my 1911, and produced the same results. They left shortly there after. The point is it matters not what I choose! If I practice with it, know the manual of arms backwards and front, and am comfortable doing so with both bottom feeders and wheel guns then either is a good choice. I am by no means an expert on the subject. I simply approach it with the mind set that this is a deadly weapon. I must MASTER it, or get rid of it.
Firearms are tools! The kind that don't suffer fools! As had been said here to each his own. I prefer a good double action Wheel gun mostly. Then again I am not in combat!
The Following User Likes This Post: