View Single Post

Old 12-15-2011, 12:54 AM
Absent Comrade

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alk8944 View Post
.32 ACP. Yes, you can shoot this in .32 S&W Long revolvers. In spite of being called "rimless" it is not. .32 ACP is a semi-rimmed cartridge.

Other cartridges which can be used are .32 S&W, .32 Short Colt and .32 Long Colt, although any of these will be both more difficult to find, and more expensive than .32 S&W Long if you do, so there would be no point. These are all documented in S&W advertising and box lid information, so if you are tempted to argue don't, you will lose.
I know the .32acp case is semi-rimless, but It seems to me that it would still seat so far into the chamber that the firing pin might not reach far enough to fire it reliably. But since you're a gunsmith who ought to know all about these things I won't argue about it. Because like you say I would no doubt lose, and I'm just glad to learn how the acp round can work in a revolver. I have owned several Colt .32acp pistols and one Nazi war trophy .32 over the past 56 years since I became old enough (18) to buy guns in FL without a parent's written permission, but I never learned anything about using the acp round in a revolver until now.