View Single Post

Old 12-18-2011, 03:29 PM

Liked 15 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniedee View Post
if you only knew how may times ive seen guns on the department range jam cause they were never cleaned??? tons. dont know if the civillian world would keep theres to eat off of, of course more rounds the better BUT off duty im not looking for a fight i i walk into a robbery in civ clothes ill bet i can put 4 out of 6 full house magunms in you really fast shoot approx 100 rounds every 2 weeks in this gun runs like a watch, heck on patrol all a duty guns good for is to buy me time to get to my ar in the trunk THEN the fun starts...
1) Most police consider the gun to be "something" they are required to have on their belt. They do not consider fighting skills to be a priority. My neighbor carried a Colt Gold Cup that was known to malfunction for two years before I sold him my SIG P220. His ammo was so cruddy that the P220 even choked on it.

His shooting skills were terrible too and he had no desire to improve beyond what guns and gear he could purchase.

2) Shooting at non-moving targets will not moving yourself does not prepare you for fighting.

You can build a simple moving target. Mount two 1x2 holders on a platform made from four 2x4's with four independently moving wheels. Put an eye screw on each side. Get four stakes, two 60' ropes, two 1x2's cut to six feet long and staple an IDPA target to it. Someone runs the target left and right while someone shoots.

You will find your hit ratio drops significantly.

Last edited by 230therapy; 12-18-2011 at 03:31 PM.