View Single Post

Old 12-22-2011, 05:24 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 7,681 Times in 2,618 Posts

I recently acquired an adjustable-sight 4006 from early in the production run -- 1991 I think. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet; I am mostly a revolver guy and have just been training myself in the safe handling of a semiauto until it feels like second nature. I have come to like its solidity and smooth action. It is a big steel brick that feels absolutely indestructible. The parts move with precision, and no matter how sloppily I manipulate the slide -- and I have been deliberately sloppy as I look for design or function problems -- I cannot make it misfeed a snap-cap or fail to eject one.

I bought a case of Fiocchi 170gr FMJ rounds to get to know the gun and am looking forward to the first range trip. I like the idea of the .40 S&W -- a great gap filler between 9mm and .45 ACP without all the slap and bang of the 10mm.

I suspect you will like the 4006 if you pick one up.

Can't tell you about the realistic used price because I got mine at a benefit auction. I knowingly paid way above probable retail in order to help out the beneficiary.