View Single Post

Old 12-25-2011, 12:07 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1,116 Times in 510 Posts

I have a Glock 20 and will until it gets traded in on a M&P10 (hint,hint).
I have had a Witness 10. They have a reputation for developing cracks in the slide and the double action trigger is horrid. Accuracy was good if you stayed with single action.
If by CZ you mean one of the Dan Wesson 1911 types they are good. CZ does not do a 10 in anything else. Too bad, a 97 frame would allow a lot of 10mm to fit in the mag.

Now to the creme de la creme, the 10XX family, (there was a brief flirtation with some vaporware called a Bren or something like that way back in the 80s that was supposed to be all that but never came to pass) particularly the 1006. The gun that was made for the 10mm and made the 10mm. That is until the female and sissy men agents of the FBI complained and the mighty 10 was watered down to the 40 Short and Weak level causing the case to be shortened so it could fit in a smaller frame giving us the most desired round in LE today, little do they know, but I digress. No connoisseur of things Smith & Wesson can call themselves complete until they possess a 10 series.

They are a treat to shoot with this modern ammo BUT find some equal to the original Norma loads and have some real fun.

To summarize you must have a 10 series.