Thread: Rifle calibers
View Single Post

Old 12-26-2011, 02:19 AM

Liked 80 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorFarmer View Post
I understand the logic. I suppose to be more precise, I wouldn't consider a Browning 7mm-08 to be a "good" investment in so far as guns go. Resale value isn't great, and at best it might keep up with inflation - hence my initial statement about what I've observed regarding the market for hunting rifles.

A Browning hunting rifle isn't going to hold its value, or appreciate in value, the way something like a historic firearm or even limited production modern item (Colt 1911 for example) will. Not many people collect random hunting rifles, and while I'm sure that some people collect Brownings, it would help to have a rare variant if you hoped to turn it over for a profit one day.
A Browning is only a good investment if it is an older FN gun in great condition. A modern Browning hunting rifle is one of the worst investments out there. Buy it to use forever or expect to lose $ when it is sold. I buy, sell and trade guns for a living and believe me i learned the hard way just how hard these guns are to move and how little of their value they retain.