Thread: Interarms PPK
View Single Post

Old 12-28-2011, 09:51 AM

Liked 6,231 Times in 2,429 Posts

I've got a stainless Interarms PPK 380. It used to cut me. The bottom of the cocking serrations on the right side of the slide acted like a saw. A little Dremel work - maybe a 64th, maybe a 32nd of an inch off the bottom. No more cutting.

I've heard, and read, for years how the PPK will only feed ball. Hates hollowpoints. Mine eats Silvertips like they were M&Ms.

I bought mine used, and found that it would not fire the ammo that came with it (half a box of Magtech). I thought that it might have gotten contaminated, and saved them to pull the bullets. Then I found that it was very inconsistent at firing my reloads. Changed from a CCI primer to a Winchester and the problem went away. Later I replaced the mainspring, and discovered the old spring was at least 4 coils shorter than the new one. I'd never got around to pulling the bullets on that Magtech ammo, so gave it a try. Wow. It worked.

So it works fine. Aside from the minor design problem (cutting) and the minor gun butchery problem, both of which I solved, it has never let me down.

I buy PP or PPK/S magazines, as spares. They are exactly the same, except one bullet longer. They stick out of the grip a little, but I don't carry them in the gun. The carry mag is a 6 rounder, but my reloads are 7s.