View Single Post

Old 12-28-2011, 02:20 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBluffRanger View Post
New to the forum too. I just cleaned my virgin MP 15 Sport out of the box. Watched a three part video for some basic tips. Here is part 1

Cleaning the AR-15 (1/3) - YouTube

One area of variation, however was the extractor portion of the bolt. Held in by a small pin, the video talked about a small spring that could be misplaced when the extractor pin was removed and the extractor lifted off the bolt. I found no such part to the extractor so I assume that the AR15 shown in the video was a different model. BTW, if somebody in this forum would tell me I lost the spring and should get down on my hands and knees and start looking, I would appreciate it.

The rest of the series (3 or 3 on youtube) seemed thorough and was a little more easy to watch with good use of closeups. It was hard to see what the NSSF guy in the video link above, dressed in a black shirt, behind the black metal of the MP 15, was talking about.

Looking forward to my first trip to the range this week. Happy Shooting.
Welcome to the forum! You're going to love shooting that Sport. The spring on the extractor has an o-ring around it on the Sport. Leave it in it's place and you shouldnt lose it. I did the same thing when I first disassembled the rifle. I thought I lost the spring, but it was all there. I figured it out before I spent too much time looking for it.