View Single Post

Old 12-29-2011, 07:09 AM
Banned

Liked 576 Times in 307 Posts
Thumbs up When shooting rifle...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule3 View Post
You raise a very important point. I would also like to be able to see groups on targets (the majority of shooting will be at paper) so would a variable be a better choice? I guess I am worried that the higher magnification will be difficult to sight and keep steady. As mentioned, the slightest movement and and the the crosshairs are all over the place.
The distance is much further but, when shooting rifle there are times when my 3X9 scopes won't let you see the group. Such as when shooting at a black centered target. I suppose you can use shoot and see or a sighting in target, one with mostly white on it, and do better.

Since the wife and I have started to shoot more long guns, we have been using a spotting scope. A cheap one, Barska, was like $60. Clear enough to see anything out to the maximum at our range.

This should be a fun endeavor. Personally, I have started to buy the best optics I can afford at the time. I now have two Leupolds and Nikons. If you are going to keep it, put the best optics on it you can afford.

Just suggestion.