View Single Post

Old 12-29-2011, 03:22 PM

Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sarge View Post
No DA/SA does not suck and that is just personal opinion. I have shot DA/SA all my life with Beretta 92, Sig Sauer, and now HK. It is my preferred system. What you have in the HK is a real trigger system designed in classic terms. Takes a little work to get used to it but well worth it.

You have been given good advice in dry firing the pistol. Than go to the range and fire 50 rounds double action only and learn that trigger pull. With practice you will find you can be accurate with that DA pull and its not that difficult. You have a weapon designed for combat and not target shooting. Do not stage the trigger but press the trigger smoothly with out hesitation until the pistol fires Then fire one shot DA followed by one shot SA. Decock and repeat many, many times. Than one shot DA followed by two SA. Soon the transition between the first DA shot and subsequent SA shots will become natural and you won't even notice it. Increase speed as your confidence builds. Best of luck with this and enjoy your HK. Bill
Excellent advice, thank you. I'll try that exercise at the range this weekend.