View Single Post

Old 12-31-2011, 05:04 PM

Liked 161 Times in 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
How many times does one confront multiple targets? A competent shooter makes do with fewer shots.

My experience has been after the first couple shots, the perps will either run off or surrender.
If one were to stroll over to KeepandBearArms.com, which keeps track of as many self defense shootings as possible, the number of shooting involving multiple assailants is quite high. Not only thay but if you go back to when they first started, you will note that the numbers of multiple attacker shootings are a growing trend

How many shootings with multiple armed attackers have you been involved in?

There's a gentlman sitting next to me who is a former patrolman and detective with a large agency in North Texas who has been in several shooting with multiple badguys, he says none ever gave up or surrendered after the first shots. Only when they realized they had lost did they give it up. But hey, gunfights are fluid situations and cannot know what is going to happen in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
Yet a marginal hit with a .45acp will likely cause more trauma than a vital hit with a 9mm.
How wrong can you get? I dont know whats worse, the fact that you made that claim, that you believe that non-sense, or that you are spreading it.

Last edited by ElectroMotive; 12-31-2011 at 05:44 PM.