View Single Post

Old 12-31-2011, 11:45 PM
US Veteran

Liked 6,195 Times in 2,575 Posts
Default Lawyers and bullets...

I actually had to stop and think of what I have in the primary defensive and carry guns; it's all factory. As to what a lawyer might do, well, there are some things a lab rat just won't do! I had to sue my own insurance company several years ago. A guy ran a stop sign and t-boned me right in front of a police officer. Open and shut? Not even close. Try almost 7 years of litigation, during which the doctor and detective my insurance company hired lied about me, and were exposed in court.

As far as bullets go, I have frangeble HP's in one gun, and JHP +P's in two others. The first is a 44spl. Any lawyer, especially in a civil suit, where all that is required is the preponderance of the evidence to find against you, could have a field day with the above. "Sir, why were you carrying high velocity hollow point ammunition in your gun, surely not for target practice?" etc etc. With the hope I will never have to, I could make the case that the LSWC's I had in my gun were indeed, target loads. It is interesting, because only recently I was thinking that my loading skills had come along to the point that I might start carrying roll your (my) owns. For me, it's all in the Lords hands. I prevailed in the litigation above, and when you considder that they lied about me, trailed me for months, put me on trial for being a Viet Nam Vet, riding a motorcycle, being a Christian, etc, etc, I'll just keep trusting Him, they're gonna' do what they do. Flapjack.