View Single Post

Old 01-01-2012, 02:15 AM
US Veteran

Liked 22 Times in 6 Posts
Default Walking the Talk

I posted a lengthy & detailed note on why I prefer a DA/SA trigger on my defensive guns.

What I didn't mention was that I do have a 1911 for carry. Why a 1911? Well, you see we RV a lot and often into Canada where they aren't fond of handguns, especially handguns with barrels less than 4.13" long. Have you ever tried to find a single stack handgun with a long barrel that's not a 1911? I tried and gave up, hence my Dan Wesson CCO. Naturally, it has a crisp SAO trigger - a 3.9# SAO trigger. I'm fine with a 3.7# trigger in my Springfield Trophy Match or the 2.7# trigger in my M&P 40L because they are competition only guns. Way too fast for a CCW.

Then the wife discovered the S&W 3913LS and that led to a lot of research on the 3rd Generation S&W pistols which led to discovering that there is a real live high quality single stack DA/SA pistol with a 4.25" barrel. So, we set about finding one and did the deed a few hours ago. The Dan Wesson is for sale and the new S&W 4563TSW has been bought and is in the works. Naturally, it will take a ride to the S&W Performance Center for a tune up and trigger job before being assigned to duty.