View Single Post

Old 01-03-2012, 06:37 PM

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts

We have an EAV purchased 1-1-2012 and test fired 10-03-2011. I've fired 110 rounds through it and I am getting used to it but my wife is not able to pull the trigger full travel so it's useless to us as we bought it for her protection. If I can't find a gunsmith to fine tune the trigger ( I've talked to three so far and all including S&W have said they can't do anything with it) S&W actually told me "It is what it is!" That just pissed me off. Fifty rounds I put through were junk Russian steel case ammo bought from Walmart. I had at least ten FTF with that junk and at least three jams. I disposed of the second box I had purchased and ran some loads from Atlanta Firearms through it with no problems as also the Hornady's were perfect. At 5-7 yards the steel sights worked best for me, with the laser working better at 25 yards into a 12" target. The steel sights definitely need high visibility in low light and I'll work on that or buy some night sights if we keep the weapon. It seems to me that it's a no brainer to replace the spring with a lighter spring of the same length unless it won't impart enough force to the firing pin. It seems to me also that if there is a problem with firing pin breakage that maybe, perhaps, it's due to the spring pressure being excessive. If car and motorcycle manufacturers can make California compliant vehicles why can't S&W make a Bodyguard 380 for the rest of us who don't live in the leftist Massachusetts?

Last edited by Magnum1b; 01-03-2012 at 06:56 PM.